- 1/2 gallon mason jar with lid
- 1/2 cup yogurt starter
- 7 cups of fresh raw milk
- 7 cups whole goat or cow milk
- add a 1/2 cup store bought yogurt, previous batch, starter
- Place culture a in a 1/2 gallon jar
- Add farm fresh milk add culture put lid on
- Place in a warm area 24-48 hours depending on how thick you want the product to be.
- Now you have yogurt! Use this traditional fermented dairy product to nourish yourself and your family in your favorite recipes.
- Do not forget to reserve some of the cultures you created from the previous batch in order to supplement a new batch. You can continue making yogurt indefinitely by adding more milk or cream to the jar as you use it. The bacteria will continue to feed off of the new milk or cream and ferment to create more yogurt!
- If the yogurt starts to separate you can strain through a cheese cloth to delicious creamcheese.
- For thicker yogurt it helps to boil the milk, but then the yogurt will not be raw