BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cups heavy cream, yogurt or cream cheese
- 3 to 4 cups meat stock or bone broth
- 1 small head fresh broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large carrot
- 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese roughly 2 cups
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- In the bottom of a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat and add onion once chopped.
- Sauté onions until edges start to brown and onions are soft.
- Add cream, chicken stock or meat stock, chopped broccoli, and carrot, keeping on medium heat.
- While the soup is simmering, on medium-low cook an additional 20 minutes, or until broccoli is soft.
- Add salt and fresh ground pepper I use an immersion blender to puree the soup to desired consistency. The more you puree it, the thicker it will be.
- Stir in the grated cheddar cheese,
- Reserving some cheese to top the bowls of soup
- Serve immediately